Here at Meta we are revolutionizing the way people interact with technology and their environment. We are building some of the most advanced technology with our augmented reality platform that will allow people to collaborate with 3D holographic interfaces. If the technology showcased in Iron Man, Avatar, and Minority Report gets you excited, imagine being a part of creating it!
We have some of the best minds involved, led by Founder & CEO, Meron Gribetz (Forbes 30 under 30), Chief Scientist Prof. Steve Mann (inventor of wearable computing), Lead Advisor Prof. Steve Feiner (pioneer of augmented reality) and Director of User Interface Jayse Hansen (Hollywood's #1 user interface designer, creator of UIs for Iron Man 1, 3, Ender's Game, & Hunger Games) and would love to have you join us! We are looking for people who are passionate about 3D technology, fun to be around, devoted to their work, focused in their endeavors, able to check their egos at the door, and willing to commit to long hours, hard work, and supporting your fellow workmates.
And we do all of this on top of the Portola Valley hills surrounded by some of the most stunning views with the added bonus of a swimming pool, tennis courts, and being with a team of people who are awesome to work with. Be a part of something revolutionary, Meta!
Meta Company is revolutionizing computing and we need someone to create documentation that showcases the cutting-edge technology and awesome coding that is allowing us to reach our goals in such a short time. The documentation will help our developer community be more effective in creating awesome applications to go with our Meta Glasses and your work will be key in giving them the tools to succeed. You will work closely with our Engineers and designers as well as our wonderful Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for the person who wants to be at the forefront of the next game-changing technology!
What success will look like for this opportunity
- Our developer community find the documentation helpful and a great resource for their needs
- The documentation is clear and concise and imparts the Meta voice
- You work collaboratively with many teams at Meta, including Engineering, Design, Marketing, Developer Relations, and more
- You have a great relationship with the Developer community, working closely with our Developer Relations Team
- You help to create documentation that becomes the Augmented Reality go-to and is looked upon as the standard others want to achieve
Skills Necessary to Succeed
- Experience coding in C, C#, and Java. Unity skills a plus.
- History of quickly learning advanced technologies and putting that information into clear and effective documentation so many skill levels can comprehend
- Ability to say a lot with few words, being clear and concise, where minimal is the maximum goal
- Proven effective communicator at all levels, including reaching out to specialists in their fields
- Great time management skills, meeting deadlines as well as being comfortable in stating at the beginning or early on that a deadline is not realistic or needs to change
- Keeping all interested parties informed of your projects and their status
- Ability to work on multiple projects with various priority levels with often changing importance
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or related experience
- 3-5 years of technical writing/editing experience
- Experience as a developer is a huge plus
Please submit writing samples or links to the top projects that showcase your writing skills and abilities to