Associate Creative Director/Lead UI Designer
At Meta we are building augmented reality hardware and software that will change human – computer interaction forever. You can be part of this revolution!
As an Associate Creative Director/Lead UI Designer at Meta, you'll be responsible for developing and executing the look and feel of a new interaction paradigm—augmented reality graphical user interfaces! You'll generate ideas for interface designs for AR apps, craft compelling visuals, and then work with software developers to realize these designs. The process involves interdisciplinary collaboration, but ultimately, you and the design team will own these high-profile projects.
What success will look like for this opportunity
- Create and iterate on interface designs to develop a distinct visual design language; participate in maintaining and refining the creative team's vision
- Receive product requirements and UX architecture, interpreting these specs into GUI designs
- Create compelling, high-quality, development-ready user-centered designs for 2D-3D-4D experiences that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Author visual style guides, as needed, to communicate visual standards to team and partners
- Review work designed by staff creatives to ensure quality of design, adherence to design guidelines, and consistency
- A willingness to jump in on any and all general design tasks as the business requires
Skills necessary to succeed
- Ability to understand user needs and to anticipate how these can best be translated into elegant user interfaces
- Being comfortable as the lead designer in a startup environment, maintaining a sense of humor while we build the products and the company at the same time
- Primary: 2D design skills; secondary: 3D/4D awareness
- Understanding of real time graphics rendering
- Understanding of the Unity platform
- Ability to rapid prototype your ideas as demos and proofs-of-concept
- An ability to interpret UX architecture documentation into intuitive, compelling user interfaces
- Nice to have: Motion graphics/animation experience (dynamics, physics, time-based)
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in graphic or interaction design, or lots of relevant experience in HCI, design fields 7+ years of relevant experience
- Passionate about great design and augmented reality!
- A strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and mastery of great user-centered design
- Experience with animation, video, or commercial software projects
- The ability to help shape and refine visuals via an iterative design process
- Experience working day-to-day with developers, and understanding how to communicate with their varied personalities
- Understanding and experience with the software development life cycle
Email us at with your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work at Meta, please include a website link of your most brilliant work.